Wednesday 13 June 2007

New Counter and Strangers!

First up, in case you haven't noticed yet, I got a new website hit-counter! Woohoo! So keep comin' back to get the face to smile at ya! Lol. I should try marketing as a career. hmm...

I've a new sense of direction too. But that is for another post.

I have never been a huge fan of Orkut. I was in it long time ago. Now I've joined again. A few folks in and I am not adding anymore. Don't get me wrong. It is just that for one I'd like someone send me a personalized email once in a blue moon than actually 'scrap' me an open 'hello'. The problems with that are aplenty. For one, you have to spend way too much time thinking of an appropriate reply. Of course, one cannot just go on exchanging hellos. So you come up with, "Hai, What's up?" or a "Hai, how are ya?" blah blah blah. Then it snowballs into this pseudo-conversation where neither of us wants to be impolite and not reply. So basically you're spending time on non-sensical data sharing and you ultimately put up too much of your self online. Now, I am not paranoid. But one thing that annoys me the most is the fact that certain people do not understand simple sentences like the one given below which makes its debut in my Orkut profile:

"Unless you're someone I've known in some part of my life or a friend of the former, please do not bother sending me friend requests or scraps..It saves you the time of clickin' on 'add as friend' and me the trouble of rejecting and deleting. You should notice that I cleverly dodged the Orkut question on what I'm here for. Now you know."

I am definitely not trying to be rude. But my parents told me not to talk to strangers! Lol. And the funny thing in all this is the fact that people do not understand the simple fact that you cannot make a conversation with someone who is not interested in having one in the first place. I have no qualms about making friends online. I suppose I have, with my blogs and such. But that's a connection that's borne out of exchanging writings rather than pleasantaries. So basically when you come in contact with someone through their writings you have already appreciated the persons thoughts and ideas; you have actually found some common ground or are at least impressed with the other.

But then, common sense is not common after all. ;)

PS: Hey Arun, thanks for the comment and make your blog available to the aam admi(read ME!). :) And hey, about the debate, throw topics at me! We'll indulge in that over here some time for sure! :)

pooF.

1 comment:

Dirac said...

Hey, why the shift huh? its tough to keep track of ppl on one net comm... and now, u r dead on netlog?!