Sunday 19 August 2007

Put climate change 'behind' us?!?

As a Math student, I am prone to equating things. They tend to give a sense of symmetry that every Mathematically inclined person yearns for, and apparently symmetry is something almost everyone looks for in the myriad of images the nature presents us. So here I was with the Sunday Express. Yes, I do read the newspaper. *confetti shower* My qualities apart, I reach the "World" section and what do I see? Butt cheeks staring at me. Apparently they are all protesting against climate change. A Greenpeace sponsored initiative which is to tell us that glaciers are melting so we need to start using CFLs instead of bulbs and all that jazz.

Click here to check out the story and the butts.

If this is the a rip-off of the "sex sells" mantra that is ruling the ad-world of today, God save us. And my equality sign passed through the crowd of butt cheeks and into oblivion with the hope that there prevails some better sense beyond that glacier.

pooF.

2 comments:

Dirac said...

Hey.. I'm in Raleigh, NC... Started Masters... and till now, it sucks big time.. so much work!!!.. howz u? u seem to be even more busy than me... and next time u r orkut, jus add me.. that would be a faster way of communication..

Hardik aka 'The Lurker' said...

Global warming is a serious threat and I doubt if any literate person is unaware of the risk it poses. The thing that shocks me is the dramatic change in the style of campaigning. Looks like greenpeace is going the PETA way and thus, people will only talk about the atrocity of these campaigners. The real motive is always lost in the midst of all this.