Wednesday 18 July 2007

Reels.

Hola!

I just got my pictures back. Yup. The scenes of my Uni days captured for posterity. I got it developed. Came out pretty alright. I would call myself an amateur still though. I know what you all must be thinking..eww those outdated cameras?? Well I did visit the Heaven of Digital clicks with its magic of deletion and zooming and the tweaking service it provides afterwards. But the visit was a very short one. My brother flew away with it and well, I had to take the elevator down. Anyhow, no regrets though. For I firmly believe that ultimately the poses and the lighting does not really matter; unless, of course, you are trying out for a contract with Sports Illustrated. I've heard people say that they've the reel of memory going for them and they really do not need to keep photographs framed and decorated to remind them of their past. In a way it is true, but then photographs refresh your memory faster than otherwise for as years progress there are loads of things that come your way that finds a place in that teeny weeny head of yours. A gazillion more faces, landscapes, numbers, colours and their shades, sounds, smells, tastes, a variety of emotions that you thought never existed would've been triggered by one event or another. In this mess, pinpointing towards one moment would be hard. Maybe it was insignificant then. But the silliest moments can trace a smile on your face when you're down eons later. For me, those photographs were of friendship and a sense of belonging for I was living my life alone at the Uni for two years. We had developed a bond, one of having shared the same time and space. Having being part of that unique confluence, no one else was there. And the lighting doesn't matter 'cause even the fuzziest of the images are enough to light up my memory. It serves as a gateway to old times, a quick shortcut. And when my memory tries to pull me away from the past in pursuit of a better future, I can definitely turn on to these to refresh it. To remind me of the special people I've met and the good times we shared.

Plus, with this line of argument I am hoping that everyone would fail to notice that I am terribly camera shy and hopelessly un-photogenic.

pooF.

No comments: